Saturday, May 23, 2009

23 May

Hey!  The sun came out!

The weather got nice today.  (See above!)

Working with the festival staff in Bergen has been an absolute joy.  I arrived here in the afternoon on the 20th, rather worn out and famished from my long day of travel.  When I finally found the festival headquarters and got to the fourth floor, I was ready to pass out.  Then I walked in through the double doors into a whole new world (cue Aladdin music.)

This entire place is saturated with an infectious enthusiasm and a sense of communal spirit that makes it easy to be productive.  We work hard and we get a lot done, but we certainly enjoy ourselves in the process.  The atmosphere here occasionally reminds me of something you would see on The Office.  The people here can occasionally be just as goofy as Michael Scott, but they are actually competent at what they do.  I don't feel intimidated by the presence of my superiors here.

For example, here is my boss:

Per Brynning, Head of the Volunteer Department

Today I have some more artist contact work to do, as well as some administrative work later this afternoon.  Tonight, however, I'm going with Per and Kaja to see the electronica group Matmos.  It's going to be really, really weird.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment